Dog Around Town

Dog Around Town
Click on my Image for interesting short history of Dalkey Village, my home town!!

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Dalkey Dog says Dalkey Book Festival is the Best!!

Dalkey Book Festival is taking place this weekend!



Dalkey Book Festival

I am very very excited, that the Dalkey Book Festival will be taking place here in my village this weekend.  It is a beautiful place to visit, and there will be so much going on...  I only wish that my minder could be here for it, but it looks like she'll only have one day to play... still.. as a run up to the festival, I thought I would share some of the beautiful photos that we took on our walk the other day.. it might make you decide to come out and have a look around for yourself...  If you would line to get more information on what is going on in the Village, you may click on the thumbnail above, or visit the Dalkey Book Festival facebook page for the event information too.

These fotos are not of the village, per se, or the main street, but they do show a lovely walk one can take when you have finished eating all the wonderful yummy stuff that will be available all over town... Unfortunately I have lost my I Love Dalkey T-Shirt.. so I am not wearing it in these fotos, still it is a good thing that a number of these will be on sale again this year.. I may be about to get my assistant to purchase a new one for me... After all, an Ace Hound Reporter should NOT be seen on festival days without proper attire.... !!!


Convent Road, Dalkey




 What a beautiful sky and colours to match... it is rather warm and I'm feeling a little lazy....


However, with delightful blooms like these to discover along the way I'm encouraged to keep on going...

Dalkey Dogs favorite Shop

I pass by my altime favorite shop THe Pet STop... it is staffed by just the nicest of people and they always allow dogs inside, and ever ready with a small treat or two for me and my friend... tip: if you are walking your dog in Dalkey?  We are a rather particular breed here, and do like to keep things tidy.. so if you think of it, this is a good shop to get a pooper scooper, or bags to help keep our town clean... I would not want my assistant to get a fine... I would rather he used that money to buy my tasty bones from this shop....



,The Club Pub


We walk past the Club Pub
(a great place for a pint and some pub grub, or so my assistant tells me... good on a hot day, after a long walk..... hmmm ... may on the return journey, we have places to sniff out now...

What a nice house!

Like having a look at some of the beautiful houses along Colimore Road by the sea... they say that the coastlines in this area remind one of the Italian Coastline....



Dalkey Island and Me!!

We arrive at the viewing station where one can sit and relax looking at the view of Dalkey Island, and its old tumbled down church and fort... there are telescopes here to get a better view.  It is an old island with a history too.. and in summer they tell me you can get row boats out to it from the adjacent harbour and have a walk round it...





Another view of the island and fort...

Dalkey Harbour


A view of the ancient old Harbour, which also has a very interesting history, from which one can hire boats out to the island.

Goat Park

Next up the road is Goat Park... You can also get a good view of the island here, where there used to be a herd of goats living.. and a statue of two goats in this park, however I believe the sculptures are gone at the moment and being refurbished. There are a number of other thing to see in this small green space.. it is a good place for a picnick too... Oh look...



What beautiful flowers!!




And the old victorian bandstand by the sea... I can just imagine a musical quartet here.... magic...

Poppy

And here is one of the old setting places, it looks like I have an audience of wildflowers...!!!



What a wonderful warm rock... my assistant likes to sit here from time to time to soak up the view and the warmth from the sun....

Fishermen



These two young fellows seem to be having a good time on the rocky shores of the park...

Goin Home


Whew... I'm panting and tired now... well, I hope you enjoyed the tour... if you like you can stay here and enjoy the view, or wander back down into the main street of town along the way we came.  I will be going home now though as it is time for a drink!!! 

I do hope you will come and visit us this weekend, June 16-17 2012, and if your lucky, you just might see me on the Saturday... if my assistant bothers to buy my a new tee-shirt... I'll be the Ace Hound Reporter Retriever... The Dalkey Dog Around Town..... dressed to impress... sniffing out the stories around here... what's the scoop??














































No comments:

Post a Comment