Dog Around Town

Dog Around Town
Click on my Image for interesting short history of Dalkey Village, my home town!!

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Dalkey Dog Goes Fishing for News at Bullock Harbour in Dalkey




Well, now that I've managed to get my work clothes on... all I need now is that pesky assistant... what's taking so long??  I've made a date to interview that dratted harbour seal, and he does not like to be kept waiting..I'm soooo pleased with my new pink 'I love Dalkey' tee-shirt... and it is just right for my shapely figure.... Everyone who comes to visit Dalkey should buy one... They are available from many of the shops in town..I bought mine from Select Stores- Dalkey's Health food store and juice bar... yum... 

Now... where's the camara crew?


Ok... off we go!!!

 Oh what a lovely smell... this old tree trunk has been here a long time... many Dalkey children accross many generations have climbed around it... poor tree had to be cut down a few years ago... but the big trunk stump is still here...

I usually move fast through the St. Patricks Church and Dalkey National School as I really love kids, but they are a bit worried I might forget myself and make a mess... Bother, still, here is a picture of the beautiful chuch... it is particulary lovely around Christmas when it is all lit up... 

Here we are folks....  mmm what a lovely view...these stones are very old... I can smell the centuries in them.

 Oh good!! a friend.. 'Hey, have you seen that Seal anywhere?


How about you two?... Yes I know that is an ancient mooring ring on that rock... what's that?  At night you can see a ghost of a tall ship teethered to it?  Hmm  I don't know... that would be cool... 



He is not over by the little fishing boats.... this is one of the very few small harbours left that is still a working harbour.. the industry also revolves around local crabs and small lobsters.. If you are lucky you can buy fresh catch early in the morning.... Oh how wonderful it smells.... Personnally, however, being a dog... I perfer it aged for a few days...this may be why my assistant does not allow me down here on my own... I'd be coming home with some delicious perfumy fishy smells... I just cannot understand why they don't like it as much as I do.... 

Oh yes here is a fishing pot.... 


And yay... 'Helloooooo  Mr. Seal!!!!  Hellloooooo'



Oh bother, he must have had a meal this morning... he's not talking.. and look... he is bobbing around asleep in the water.... he loves to hang out here as he is king... and lives on the left overs from the fishery... lucky fellow...  What's that? Oh I see.... He say's he is taking a nap, as there may be many peope coming to see him and the other Dalkey Grey Seals this weekend... He is telling me that the Dalkey Business Group, who always know what's on in town, told him there is a Winter Fair on in Dalkey and he is recommending that I go and Sleuth it out... just up my alley, well better start home then, have lunch before I take a walk into Dalkey and check out the fair... come on assistant!! don't have all day in the sun now we don't...




Turning back down along the slip we can see Bullock Castle.... this used to be used as storage for goods brought into Dalkey years and years ago....


Don't these boats look neat!!!  They are on dry dock... many of these are used for taking trips out to Dalkey Island.... another post on that later...

This is the slipway down to the water... and where I just love going swiming in the summer.. but not today..


Hmmm ok... now time to sniff our way home....




Help!!!  I know this is the way.... but that darn camara person and assistant needs to open this old gate... 
It is an old gate indeed...but very beautiful to me... 


 Phew....I'm tired now.... it's nice to be home..

No comments:

Post a Comment