Dog Around Town

Dog Around Town
Click on my Image for interesting short history of Dalkey Village, my home town!!

Sunday, November 6, 2011

A New Dog Day Dawning in Dalkey.....

Hmm.. what's that? Smell's like fox!... I groggily open my eyes inside my warm wooden kennel... hmm  better get up and check it out... Hi there Max! Let's have a game.. shall we?



Stepping outside into the lush, long greens of  my back garden..the wet, dewiness holds many delectable possibilities.  My nose just loves this.. registering, clasifying,  picking up  all that has  gone before, happened in  my garden during the night..such as the antics of the fox population. We have so many living amongst us now, they have become quite friendly, occasionally seen wandering the streets in the daytime of all things.  There is even one large dog fox that has beome rather a good playmate of mine... I call him Max,  Sniff- yup that was Max here earlier..hmm his lady friend must have been to busy to stop into say hello.  To bad my people can't share this talent for registering news that we dogs find so useful.. 

The sky is blue... the seagulls are calling. Did I tell you that Dalkey is on the east coast of Ireland, just south of Dublin City? It's easy to get to by train (Dart).  It is a very old village by the sea, and boasts two old cut stone  harbours, Dalkey Harbour, and Bullock Harbour  with histories of their own..I love to take my people  (assistants) for a walk to visit them.. 


Hmm ...  Good idea, I wonder what IS happening down by the sea?  And why does an intrepid and seasoned canine reporter like me need an assistant you wonder?  

An assistant is usually needed, as we dogs aren't the best with a camara, and also if we are unwise enough to decide to wander about on our own, we run the risk of  being picked up by the dreaded dog warden.. such  an inconvenience!! What a bother!!! Still and all...   it will be good to see what's happening and to share it with you dear reader... Ruff

No comments:

Post a Comment